YWCA North Central Indiana is dedicated to increasing the economic strength of women in our community.
The YWCA "Brighter Tomorrows" economic empowerment program offers women a partnership for long-term personal and financial success. With the help of a professional self sufficiency advocate you will set personal goals and develop a plan to achieve them. "Brighter Tomorrows" is an investment in the women in our community and is available to all adult women. All services, including classes, are free of charge, offered in English and Spanish, and are available to both residential and non-residential YWCA clients in Elkhart & St. Joseph Counties.
You will learn how to:
There are three educational components within the Brighter Tomorrows program:
- set and reach financial goals
- establish and fix your credit
- recognize and avoid predatory lending
- build resources to own your own home
- set and stick to a monthly budget
- develop a financial plan for your future
- build organizational skills
A YWCA self-sufficiency advocate can also help you:
- Bridges Out of Poverty: Getting Ahead
- Financial Literacy
- Securing & Keeping a Job
- find employment
- create your resume and prepare for job interviews
- enroll in college of GED classes
- connect with agencies for help with medial needs, housing and utilities assistance
Take the first step!
Call YWCA to find out more about Brighter Tomorrows
574-233-9491 in St. Joseph County
574-294-1811 in Elkhart County