Healing Pathways Domestic Violence Program
If you are in an abusive relationship please call our 24-hour crisis line at 1-866-YES-YWCA.
CLICK HERE TO ESCAPE THIS PAGE.
Domestic Violence affects 1 out of every 4 women at some point in their life. Each year nearly 1500 women and children find safe shelter and the help they need to rebuild their lives at YWCA. YWCA North Central Indiana is the largest provider of domestic violence services in our community and provides both residential and non-residential services. Shelter and counseling is available at both our sites in St. Joseph and Elkhart Counties.
Are you in an abusive relationship?
If you answer yes to even one of the questions below you have reason to be concerned for your safety or well-being.
- Are you afraid of your partner?
- Does he/she monitor your coming and going?
- Does he/she control who can and can't talk to you?
- Are you told what you can and cannot wear?
- Are you verbally or physically abused for "looking" the wrong way at another man/woman?
- Has he/she threatened to hurt you or your children if you attempt to leave?
Call us! We have decades of experience helping people break the cycle of violence for themselves and their children and we want to help you.
Domestic violence can take many forms and can affect anyone regardless of economic, racial, cultural, generational, religious or gender status. Abusers use a variety of tactics to exert power and control. It is not always physical but may also involve mental, verbal, spiritual, financial and/or emotional abuse. The reality is that domestic violence does not go away on its own. Instead, it tens to get worse and become more frequent over time.
Victims dealing with an abusive relationship often carry additional burdens such as:
- emotional dependency
- financial dependency
- isolation from friends and family
- embarrassment or shame
- concern about children's welfare
- false hold that the abuse will change
Call us at 1-866-YES-YWCA for immediate help!